January 2017 closure: our usual getting sorted for the new year period so we don’t open our regular hours. We’re mostly in town and able to meet at the store so if you want to have a look around give us a call on 0405 564 206 to make an appointment.
usethings store Castlemaine is our showroom for useful things designed and made by us and other makers. Come and visit to see what we are about: it’s an experiment in conscious consumption — a new kind of retail (or is it old…) an installation… a showroom full of stories. For more on the concept of our store have a look at “a new kind of retail”. By carefully vetting the things you accumulate they will always have value, either in use or exchange. Never landfill.
usethings designed and made in Castlemaine:
- clothes drying racks
- coat racks
- all ply table
- alien stools
- cutting boards
- darning mushrooms
- nosey parka wall pegs
- tensegrity wardrobe
- wobble boards
- gum boot stands
And other useful things:
- Opinel folding knives
- Opinel kitchen knives and peeler
- Duralex Provence drinking glasses (why would you have any other)
- Emeco Navy 111 recycled plastic chair (111 PET drink bottles in each chair)
- Aladdin Stanley stainless steel wide mouth thermos (lifetime guarantee)
- Local Ron-D-Swan reclaimed canvas satchels, panniers, firewood slings, & leg bands
- Fowlers Vacola preserving jars (keeping food before energy hungry refrigeration)
- Jute shop twine
- Hand woven market baskets
- Lyra pencil extender
- Greg Stirling furniture
- Tumut Brooms
There is a great story behind all these items, that’s why we’ve brought them together. As a collection they help illustrate what usethings is all about.
We don’t run a credit card or EFTPOS facility at usethings store, cash only.
8 Templeton St Castlemaine in central Victoria
Friday 10:30 to 3:30
Saturday from 10am to 1pm.
Call to visit at other times even for a browse or at short notice as we are often two minutes away in the workshop: we’d rather meet at the store by request than be open more days in a week: 0405 564 206 or 0414 814 993.